We can help
Hire our expert media planners to find, plan and place your next promotion.
Digital Advertising Rates 2022
The Media Ant is committed to getting the most accurate data for the users. Hence, we ensure the advertising rates are updated on a frequent basis. Most advertising platforms update their rates at the beginning of a new year.
Hence, it is very important to check the updated digital advertising rates before booking your campaign.
To find the updated Digital Advertising Rates 2022, please click on the media card on the page, visit the particular digital advertising option and look for the latest digital advertising rates 2022 under the heading “Top Choice /Other Ad Options”.
Online Advertising Cost
Want to run a digital ad campaign but don't know the current online advertising cost? The Media Ant has access to the online advertising costs and results of various advertising and marketing mediums for different industry verticals.
Online advertising cost is slightly more affordable in comparison to offline advertising costs because in case of online advertising (mostly), ads are delivered to the audience through personal devices like mobile phones/laptops.
This factor plays a major role in determining online advertising costs because unlike offline advertising where the brand needs to pay the offline advertising rates upfront, in case of online advertising, they have to pay as and when the ads get delivered.
There are two criteria based on which the online advertising costs are determined-
Fixed online advertising costs: Fixed online advertising costs refer to advertising options where the ad rates are fixed irrespective of the performance of the ad. Eg- YouTube Masthead.
Performance-based online advertising costs: The biggest advantage of digital advertising is that it can be tracked and controlled on a real-time basis and each interaction with the audience is recorded. (CPM, CPC,CAP, CPI, CPL)
Online advertising costs in 2021 for India increased for the premium online advertising options. However, due to the growth in online advertising inventories, the average online advertising cost in 2021 has decreased.
Digital advertisement is the new reality. It has become one of the most popular forms of marketing for companies to promote their brand, product or service through digital channels. As internet access continues to grow and advertising dollars flow into digital media, more brands are investing in digital advertising than ever before.
Digital advertisement is a form of marketing used by companies to promote its brand, product, or service through digital channels. In this new era of technology where internet and social media are the most common ways for people to find information about products and services, it's important that companies do not miss out on opportunities to reach their target audience.
The popularity of digital advertising has also been changing in recent years due to the growth in social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter which make advertising easily accessible.
Online Advertising Rates
Like the traditional offline advertising, online advertising also has various different mediums in order to engage with prospective customers.
According to industry research and marketing experts, the average online advertising rate in order to get the cost per thousand impressions can be divided into two possible parts, that is, Banner ads and video ads.
The average online advertising rate for online banner ads can range from Rs 50 to Rs 150, while the average rate for online video ads can range anywhere from Rs 100 – Rs 400.
Here are some basic online advertising cost for a few major digital platforms-
Online advertising rate for Google search advertising has the average benchmark CPC of Rs 20. On average, the online advertising rate for Facebook can range from Rs 40 and can go upto Rs 20,000 per day, which depends on how wide the target audience of your brand is.
The average cost per click for Instagram ads is Rs 8 and the average cost for impressions is Rs 50 and it's mostly dependent on the type of ad campaign you choose to run.
On Twitter, the average cost It could range from Rs 7 per engagement on a per day basis for promoted trends.
Want to know more about online advertising costs? Visit www.themediaant.com for the best updated digital ad rates.
Cost Of Online Advertising
Cost of online advertising is never static or fixed. It is highly changeable and depends on a lot of factors. There are many perks of advertising online.
With digital advertising, users can get a real time report of the ad performance as well as have control over the delivery in terms of filtering out the unwanted audience through targeting.
This factor, sometimes, increases the average cost of online advertising in terms of cost per reach as these ads are more accurate and work harder than offline ads to reach out to the intended customers.
The average CPC or cost per click for most of the verticals or platforms is Rs 5 – Rs 10, The CPM or CPC for different platforms will generally vary depending on the requirement of the advertiser.
Cost of online advertising also varies according to the bidding strategies that you can consider for your campaigns, which ultimately depends on your requirements and budget. The online pricing models that largely determine the cost of online advertising are-
- CPM: Cost per thousand denotes cost of 1000 marketing impressions
- CPC: Cost per click is the price you pay for each click on your advertisement
- CPA: Cost per acquisition or Cost per action is a model where the advertiser pays for a specific action like lead generation, sale, etc.
- CPI: Cost per install is specific to mobile app installation campaigns
According to EY-FICCI latest report, the digital advertising industry in India grew by 29% in 2021 to INR 246 billion. Apart from it, if considering advertising by SMEs and long-tail advertisers, this number would have reached INR 363 billion. This growth can be attributed to an increase in inventory volumes by about 30%.
Search and social contributed the highest to the total digital advertising revenue, a whopping 69%. Advertising on e-commerce platforms contributed a significant share of 16% of total digital advertising revenue.
OTT, Short Videos, News, and Audio had a share of 7%, 4%, 3% and 1% respectively. The digital advertising industry is projected to touch INR 314 billion in the year 2022.
This increase can be attributed to a number of factors.
- Internet penetration in India in 2021 reached 834 million with 795 million broadband connections. (Sep 2021)
- There were 503 million smartphone users and 10 million connected TVs in India in 2021.
- An average Indian spends about 4.7 hours per day on their phone.
- Online video viewership in India grew to 497 million in 2021.
- An average Indian spends 52% more time on OTT apps than before the pandemic.
- Almost 47% of OTT originals and 69% of films released on streaming services in 2021 were in regional languages.
- Online news audiences in India showed a massive growth in 2021to reach 467 million.
- Social media recorded a 33% penetration among the Indian population in 2021.
- Digital subscription in India reached INR 56 billion in 2021.
The above mentioned facts prove that online marketing is the future of marketing and advertising.
Digital Advertising Agency In India
The Media Ant is a Digital Advertising Agency In India having more than 1200 media options under digital advertising. We are a Premier Google Partner and we can help you set up your Google Search and Google Display campaigns and optimize them to be most economic.
Not only Google Ads, but The Media Ant can also support you as your digital advertising agency in placing your advertisement with other self-serve platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube and Quora.
Apart from self-serve platforms, The Media Ant has partnered with all the popular websites, M-sites, Apps, and Facebook Pages in India and can assure of the best digital advertising rates and discounts.
You can contact us for the best discounts and to execute your digital advertising campaign either online, by sending a mail to [email protected].
Advantages of Digital Advertising in India
Internet marketing comes with the following advantages that are worth considering:
- Suitable for low budget campaigns: There is no minimum spend limit for online marketing so digital marketing cost in India can be as low as INR 1000 also
- Measurable ROI: One can track the performance of the online marketing campaigns and compare the results and ROI.
- Easy to control: One can control the inputs of the internet marketing campaign by monitoring the campaign performance in real-time and pause or stop it whenever required.
- Precise Targeting: One can target the desired customer group as per the digital advertising requirements like demographics, interest, expenditure, etc.
- Global Reach: The reach of digital advertising is not necessarily restricted to the city, state, or nation.
- Greater Engagement: Internet marketing provides the advertiser an opportunity to converse with the audience and it does not remain a one-way communication only. An online marketing campaign is successful when a customer interacts with the advertisement
Book your online marketing campaign with a digital marketing agency
Impressions: Impression refers to how many times a user has been exposed to your online advertisement. For example, if your ad has been seen by a user 5 times, it is equal to 5 impressions.
CTR or Click Through Rate: This is a ratio that tells the advertiser out of the total number of impressions of the ad, how many times did the user click on the ad to visit the landing page. For example, and was shown to 100 people and 5 people clicked on the ad so the CTR is 5%
- Conversion: On setting up an online campaign, the advertiser has to define the goal expected from the user like website visit, filling up a lead form, downloading an app. Whenever this goal is achieved, it is known as a conversion.
- Call To Action: Online advertising campaigns require the audience to interact with the ad by taking some actions. This link that helps the user to take action is known as a call to action. For example, book now; request a quote, join now, sign up for newsletters, etc.
- Frequency Capping: This is a feature in online advertising where the advertiser can limit the maximum number of times a user can view a particular ad
- Geo-Targeting: Geo-targeting refers to targeting the audience in particular locations, for example, all tier 1, 2 and 3 cities in India.
- Audience Targeting: Audience targeting can be done based on gender, age, income, interests, etc. The criteria would vary platform-wise.
- Connected TV Advertising: This refers to ads being shown digitally on TV screens that show content using the internet.
Digital Advertising Options
Your Digital Marketing Agency would provide you with the following options for running an online marketing campaign:
- Text Ads: On platforms like Google Search and Quora, advertisers place text ads that are shown to users when they search using relevant keywords
- Banner Ads: These ads mostly contain images and texts and are mostly clickable with a call to action button.
- Interstitial- Interstitial ads cover the entire screen
- Leaderboard- These are rectangular ads seen at the top of the website and are the first ads to appear
- Run-On-Site- Run on-site ads can be placed randomly on any page of a website
- Mid Page Unit (MPU)- Banner ad placed in the middle of the page
- Audio Ads: These are audio advertisements similar to radio jingles that can be played on online music sites like Gaana, Wynk, and Saavn. They can also be accompanied by banner ads.
- Video Ads: These are video advertisements similar to TV Commercials that can be played on online sites like Hotstar, Voot, and YouTube. They can also be accompanied by banner ads.
- Emailer/SMS: These are emailer/SMS campaigns based on databases provided by the digital marketing agency. For example, a database of car owners in Bangalore.
- Influencer Marketing: Influencers are people with huge followings on social media platforms. Endorsement from these influencers can prove to be very valuable for the brands.
Digital Advertising Cost
Digital Advertising Cost in India varies from platform to platform based on a number of criteria. Some of the platforms that allow the advertisers to set up their advertisements on their own, also known as self-serve platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube and Quora, provide you with options of pricing (CPC, CPM).
The digital advertising cost incurred by the advertiser, in this case, would also depend on the target group, ad quality, and other advertisers competing for the same keywords/audience.
Apart from these self-serve platforms, there are websites that allow advertising on their websites (in CPM and CPC format, varies from site to site) in the form of banners, video ads, and audio ads too.
Following are the various digital advertising pricing models that can be offered by your digital marketing agency:
- CPM or Cost per Thousand Impressions: This is one of the important digital marketing cost terms that you would have to opt for digital advertising. CPM means Cost per Mille, the cost of one thousand impressions of the ad.
- CPC or Cost per Click: Another popular digital marketing cost term, Cost perClick refers to the cost advertisers have to pay when someone clicks on the advertisement.
- CPL or Cost per Lead/CPA or Cost per Acquisition: CPL or CPA is another digital marketing pricing model where an advertiser pays only when a lead generation/conversion happens.
- CPI or Cost per Install: Cost per Install is an online marketing pricing model that is applicable only for app download. This is the price that the advertiser has to pay for each app download.
Apart from the above mentioned popular options, there are premium options also available like paid articles and influencer content that are priced higher than the popular options.
Top Websites for Digital Advertising in India
According to Alexa Rankings (A global website ranking system based on a website's average of daily unique visitors and its number of pageviews over the past 3 months), the following are top websites in India
Book My Show
How to select the Digital Advertising Option fit for your business
Following are some of the pointers that you can check for your advertising needs:
The above mentioned are some of the popular digital media options. There are more than 1000 online marketing options listed with The Media Ant. You can contact The Media Ant for a digital media plan based on your business requirements and budget.
Digital Advertising for Small Businesses
Digital Advertising is a good option for both first-time advertisers and small businesses with lower budgets.
With internet marketing, advertisers have an option to test their market and optimize their campaigns in real-time and the learning from the online campaigns can be taken forward to offline campaigns as well.
The real-time tracking and ROI measurement makes online advertising a preferred media option for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).